What is two-factor authentification?
Two-factor authentication is a security option that requires you to enter an additional security code along with your user ID and password when you log in. This security code is different every time because it is generated every time you log in with an application downloaded to your phone.
Is it set up for me?
If you are prompted to use two-factor authentication when you register, then mandatory two-factor authentication is already set up to help keep your account secure.
If two-factor authentication has not previously set up (as it is required for e.g. administrators), but you would like to have more protection for your Nexius account, please contact our customer service (email@example.com).
What should I do if it is already set up?
If you have two-factor authentication set up for your account, you’ll need to download an authentication app to access your account on your phone (or other mobile device). Depending on your device’s operating system, follow these steps:
- Download the Authentication app for your phone!
- To add a new account, click on the “+” sign, and
- in the cases Android and Windows choose the „work or school account” option,
- in the case of iOS chosse the „Time based” option!
- Take a photo of the QR code displayed on the login screen with your phone!
- Enter the six-digit verification code on your computer you have just received in the mobile app!
- If you would like to be able to log on to the same device for 30 days without entering the security code, check the box.
- Click on the Send button.
- The next time you are prompted for two-factor authentication, you will only need to enter the six-digit security code that appears in the authentication application.